Zelda Tatiana is an independent arts practitioner as well as the Founder and Creative Director of GroundZ-0 原。空間, a Singapore-based multilingual interdisciplinary arts company. A graduate from the pioneer batch of the Theatre Training & Research Programme (now known as ITI) in 2003, Zelda is curious about the humanities and various aspects of science & technology. Her thematic interests are in Absurdity & Surrealism, and she believes in using the arts as a platform for sharing and self-reflection.
Her latest works include E:Den《依：窩》(co-creator) — an art installation commissioned by The Substation under a project of Singapore National Gallery, Bring on the Bull!《牛轉乾坤》(director/playwright/actor) - a multilingual street-wayang storytelling commissioned by River Hongbao and Esplanade Huayi Festival 2021 and Insulted.Belarus — Worldwide Reading (Asia cast) — a worldwide campaign participated by Blank Space Studio (Hong Kong). Her other works include Prism of Truth《眾相》(creator/director/co-playwright) — commissioned by Esplanade Huayi Festival 2020, Shadows IN the Walls《壁中影》(creator/director/co-playwright) commissioned by National Gallery Singapore for Light to Night Festival 2019 (Bicentennial Edition), 0600 (director) – produced by GroundZ-0 and commissioned by the Singapore International Festival of Arts 2018, and Always on My Mind 《我在你左右》 (Director/Playwright) – presented by The Finger Players at Gekio Asia Playwright Competition 2017 in Nagoya, where it won the top score from the judges.
She is currently the artistic director of a new playwright competition/season organised and presented by Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre.
Click here for more information about GroundZ-0 原。空間.
Photo credit: Tan Ngiap Heng
1. Co-creator, E:Den (2021, GroundZ-0 / The Substation series we are not going back, we are coming back around)
2. Director, Bring on the Bulls! (2021, GroundZ-0 / River Hongbao 2021; Gardens by the Bay and Online)
3. Actor, Bring on the Bull! (2021, Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay's Huayi Festival 2021; Esplanade Concourse)
4. Moderator, Translation & Adaptation - Navigating Languages and Cultures (2021, GroundZ-0 and Singapore Book Council; Online)
5. Artistic Director, Gimme Ten! Radio Playwriting Competition (2021, Ground Z-0 and Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre)
6. Speaker, Memories Cafè Storytelling Visual Podcast (2021, Alzheimer's Disease Association; Youtube)
7. Curator and facilitator, Translation & Adaptation: Exploring Possibilities (2021, GroundZ-0 and Singapore Book Council)
Last updated: 22 June 2021