Wendy Toh is a Singaporean artist with a passion for creating art using different mediums and forms. She has a wide portfolio ranging from the performance arts to filmmaking.
As an actor and performer, she has numerous credits in prominent film and TV productions. She has trained and worked with Jinen Butoh School under Atsushi Takenouchi. As an artist, Wendy’s most recent work was E:Den 依：窩, an installation piece that was showcased in The Substation Gallery.
On the film front, Wendy made her directorial debut with Heart Shape 莲蓉包 and experimental short film In Between which was screened as part of The Substation Isolation series. Her follow-up was Vios, a short documentary that premiered at the Singapore Chinese Film Festival 2019.
A proud graduate of Singapore’s Intercultural Theatre Institute, Wendy hopes to deepen her craft and continue her journey as a multi-disciplinary artist.
1. Co-creator, E:Den 依：窩 (2021, GroundZ-0 / The Substation series we are not going back, we are coming around; The Substation Gallery)
2. Actor, Bring on the Bulls! (2021, GroundZ-0 / River Hongbao 2021; Gardens by the Bay and Online)
3. Performer, Fantasia - Nanyin Reimagined (2021, Siong Leng Musical Association; Esplanade Concert Hall)
4. Co-director, Heart Shape 莲蓉包 (short film) (2021, Viddsee)
5. Artist, The Last Chapter (2021, The Substation's SeptFest 2021; The Substation)
6. Speaker, Memories Cafè Storytelling Visual Podcast (2021, Alzheimer's Disease Association; Youtube)
Last updated: 15 June 2021