Ted Nudgent Fernandez Tac-an holds a Professional Diploma in Intercultural Theatre (Acting) from the Intercultural Theatre Institute in Singapore. Presently, he is designated as the Creative Director of the Educational and Digital Media Service Team (EDMST) of La Salle University, Ozamiz City, who is responsible for the technological-digital teacher training for the whole institution and for a wide range of educational multimedia productions.
Before assuming the position of Artistic Director of LSU Teatro Guindegan (TG), he performed various roles as actor, director, choreographer, stage manager, and production designer. His previous acclaimed works with the company include Damgo: A Midsummer Night’s Dream Adaptation, PATCHED (Ashirwad International Theatre Festival, India), Istoryahe Lang Ko, Hugis (performed in Indonesia), Awane, Ang Alamat ng Lamok, Antigone, NOLI, and Kasal/Sakal.
At the peak of the pandemic, Ted took on the role of technical director/virtual stage manager and assisted TG in migrating virtually, bringing virtual festivals and productions like 1NNOSARA 2 (Solo Performance Project), PARES 4 (Mindanao Duo Festival), and KUTAY (an international collaboration funded by the Japan Foundation, Manila) to success. He also performed in virtual productions such as PA MINE (a solo piece as an entry to 1NNOSARA 2), Dialogues in Mindanao: Gamay na Plaza (an international collaboration funded by the Japan Foundation, Manila), SENYOR ERASMUS (TG’s entry to Teatro Europa, Tanghal 15, and Asian Youth Theater Festival) and ANG ALIMANGO, ANG BAO, UG ANG UNGGOY (an international collaboration funded by the Japan Foundation, Manila).
Ted was one of 12 theatre practitioners selected to devise Likha- Lakbayan for Tanghal National University and College Theater Festival, touring five major cities in the Philippines. As a recipient of the Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship, he spent three months learning the arts and culture of Jogjakarta, Indonesia.
In Singapore, apart from his three (3) professional graduation productions (The Peculiar Tra La by Ang Gey Pin, a line could be crossed and you would slowly cease to be by Koh Wan Ching, and Lie With Me by Phillip Zarrilli), he performed at the Singapore Writers Festival, Malay CultureFest, Neon Lights Festival, and Dick Lee Asia’s Legends of Singapore. He also joined a Singapore-based dance company, Chowk, in the India run of from: The Platform.
1. Actor, ANG ALIMANGO, ANG BAO, UG ANG UNGGOY (2021, Teatro Guindegan – Culture and Arts Resources for Education (TG-CARE), The Japan Foundation, Manila, La Salle University, Arts and Culture Center and LSU Teatro Guindegan; Facebook Live)
2. Performer, SENYOR ERASMUS (2021, LSU Teatro Guindegan / Asian Youth Theatre Festival 2021; Online)
3. Crew, KUTAY (2021, streaming online as part of eKomunidad Asia Performance Festival, The Japan Foundation, Manila & Komunidad X)
4. Performer, SENYOR ERASMUS (2021, LSU Teatro Guindegan / Teatro Europa 2021; Online)
5. Speaker, "Me in the Now" whether ART is dead (2021, Mindanao Equity for Creativity and the Arts (MECA), Inc.; Online)
6. Performer, TAHANAN (2021, Japan Foundation Manila Center for Japanese Culture, Tanghalang Ateneo, Kasing Sining and Teatro Guindegan; Online)
Last updated: 19 January 2022