Regina’s love for the theatre was seeded at a young age when she attended Chinese Speech & Drama classes at the Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan Arts & Cultural Troupe (SHHK) as part of her parents’ efforts to encourage her to speak Mandarin.
While pursuing her marketing degree at Singapore Management University, she continued producing and directing theatrical works with her childhood friends from SHHK and began to teach speech and drama to young children.
In 2014, after a stint at Paper Monkey Theatre under the guidance of Benjamin Ho, she was given the opportunity to be a co-puppeteer for The Wind Came Home as part of “Both Sides Now – An Immersive Arts Experience about Death” presented by Arts Wok & Drama Box under the tutelage of Tan Beng Tian. Through this opportunity, Regina came to experience the power of theatre as a space where people can share stories to find strength, courage and hope to live, as life pulls us in many directions.
Regina enjoys the process of theatre as a prism to see things in different perspectives, to open minds and to experience the colourful spectrum of human emotions.
Since her graduation in 2017, she has been focused on developing her practice to be shared with young children and adults with disabilities. She is also currently exploring projected play through puppetry.
She is currently an Associate Artist with Access Path Productions and an Education and Outreach Trainer with Paper Monkey Theatre.
1. Assistant Director, Set Designer and Cast, 《不会游泳的小鸭》Duckie Can't Swim (2021, Paper Monkey Theatre; Online)
2. Facilitator, THREE THIRDS: Devising Masterclass (2021, Oddcrop Productions; Online)
3. Director, PLAYtime! Catch a Breath (work-in-progress) (2021, Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay's Octoburst!; Esplanade Annexe Studio)
4. Performer, The Rattle King (2021, Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay's March On Festival; Esplanade Forecourt Garden)
5. Performer, The Universe According to Niu (2021, Paper Monkey Theatre / Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay's Huayi Festival 2021; Esplanade Theatre Studio)
Last updated: 19 January 2022