Marvin Acero Ablao is a dancer, actor and visual artist from Bohol, Philippines. He has received extensive training in contemporary dance and classical ballet since 2008, and has coached dance and theatre to various youth communities in his province.
He started his theatre journey in 2016 as a member of Kasing Sining Teatro Bol-an Ensemble. Marvin’s works include Dagohoy: Dagon sa Hoyohoy The Musical and Blue Way (Bohol Dance Project Company), created by Romanian choreographer Gigi Caciuleanu.
In Singapore, he has performed in The Chowk Show 2021 (Chowk Productions), Waltz of the Flower, an original piece by ITI alumna Caroline Chin, at The Substation SeptFest 2021 and Room 0505 (2020) with alumna Lina Yu.
Marvin came to ITI to hone his skills as an actor and ultimately give back to his community in Bohol as a performer, educator, and researcher. He also intends to explore and experiment with different mediums of art through theatre.
1. Performer, The Chowk Show 2021 (2021, Chowk; Drama Centre Black Box)
2. Dancer, Excerpts of What She Said (2021, Chowk Productions)
3. Dancer, Shifting Stances (documentary) (2021, Chowk Productions)
4. Wardrobe/Makeup, Heart Shape 莲蓉包 (short film) (2021, Viddsee)
5. Actor, Waltz of the Flower (2021, Substation's Septfest 2021; The Substation)
6. Performer, two-part promotional video for Beijing Opera (with teacher Qin Zhan Bao) (2021)
Last updated: 19 January 2022