Kyongsu Kathy Han is a versatile performer-practitioner. She is a classically trained dancer, with a BA (Hons) in Acting from LASALLE College of the Arts.
Her body of work includes theatre for young audiences, musicals, opera, dance and film. She has worked with local companies such as Cake Theatrical Productions and The Finger Players. She made her directorial debut with Dialogues des Carmelites, and has choreographed for New Opera Singapore. International collaborations include The Revolutionary Model Play 2.0 (Théatre du Rêve Expérimental / Singapore International Festival of the Arts 2015) directed by Wang Chong from Beijing, China.
Being multiracial and trilingual, Kyongsu has always been drawn to complexities, specifically in theatre. To further expand as a multidisciplinary artist, she trains in the martial art Ninjutsu at Bujinkan Ryuko Dojo, and in Odissi at Chowk.
When not on stage, Kyongsu teaches. She has coached dance and theatre in various schools such as Soul of Art Academy and National University of Singapore.
Read her Q&A here
1. Actor, The Loop (2020, The Substation Isolation series)
2. Actor, What is Thy Bidding (2020, The Substation / Septfest 2020 Fringe)
3. Performer, XITY (2021, RAW Moves)
4. Actor, Sayang 사랑 (2021, Goodman Arts Centre & SISTIC Live)
5. Performer, Interspace (2021, Raw Moves / Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay's Huayi Festival 2021)
Last updated: 22 June 2021