Al-Matin Yatim is a graduate of the Intercultural Theatre Institute (ITI) with a Professional Diploma In Intercultural Theatre (Acting) in the class of 2015. He has been working professionally in theatre and television since 2010, but mainly as a stage actor. He has worked with many notable companies like The Necessary Stage, CAKE, The Theatre Practice, Drama Box and T:>Works. He has also performed internationally in cities such as Brisbane, Braunschweig and Edinburgh.
Matin’s background in Dikir Barat in his early days and ITI has allowed him to interweave his craft across various disciplines and multi-dimensional performances, from traditional to contemporary, physical and animation/digital.
His recent works include Dualiti and Sempurna, aired on Mediacorp Suria and meWATCH.
Recent works include:
1. Actor, Sempurna (2021–22, Mediacorp Eaglevision; Mediacorp Suria and meWATCH)
2. Actor, Dualiti (2021–22, Adara Pictures; Mediacorp Suria and meWATCH)
3. Actor, Latch (2021, Centre 42's New Scripts Residency; Black Box @ 42 Waterloo Street)
4. Performer & Instructor, Biduk Lalu Kiambang Bertaut (interactive theatre session) (2021, Sembawang Central Malay Activities Executive Committee for Bulan Bahasa 2021; ACE The Place)
5. Actor, 7 Penjuru (2020–2021, Mediacorp Suria)
Last updated: 19 January 2022