Caroline was born and raised in Singapore. Prior to ITI, she found her love for acting in her O- and A-Level theatre studies courses which led her to discover her strong inclination towards dance and physical theatre. Since then, she has performed as an actor, dancer, and at times musician in Singapore, India, Bangkok and Mexico. She has also been involved in collaborations with galleries such as STPI and National Gallery for the Singapore Biennale 2019.
Outside performing, she also plays the violin and enjoys film photography as hobbies that occasionally find themselves crossing over into her artistic collaborations. In 2019, she joined Chowk Productions as a company dancer, and continues to train in Odissi as well as teach. Caroline prefers to remain ambiguous about her definite role as a performer, just as she strives to create work that is undefined by form or category.
1. Performer, These Brief Encounters (2021, Chowk Productions / Esplanade's Kalaa Utsavam 2021; Esplanade Annexe Studio)
2. Dancer, Variations on a Theme (2021, Chowk Productions / Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay's da:ns festival 2021; Esplanade Theatre)
3. Choreographer, Devotions (2021, Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay's Free Performances Sep: eXchΔnge 2021; Esplanade Concourse)
4. Dancer, Excerpts of What She Said (2021, Chowk Productions)
5. Dancer, Shifting Stances (documentary) (2021, Chowk Productions)
6. Creator and actor, Waltz of the Flower (2021, The Substation's SeptFest 2021; The Substation)
7. Dancer, Pallavi Through Abstraction (2021, Chowk Productions; Drama Centre Black Box)
Last updated: 19 January 2022