Funding an Uncommon Vision
Once in a rare while, a project comes along which has the potential for influence far beyond its domain or country. As a consequence of its constitution, conduct, process and outcome, it holds out the promise to be the catalyst for deep change in many other disparate fields and communities.
ITI is such a project. The institute’s Acting Programme is a distinctive intercultural actor training programme for contemporary theatre in the world, and is widely regarded as a post-graduate level course.
It attracts a luminary master faculty who consider their time at ITI a deep source of inspiration to their practice, and talented students from all over the world looking to take their craft to the next level. All ITI graduates are working in theatre/film today, and making an impact in their respective communities. They also collaborate across geographical borders and have formed a theatre collective, Traditions & Editions Theatre Circus.
Aside from developing a truly unique and innovative intercultural curriculum, the organisation has also seeded other groundbreaking initiatives. ITI is a founding member of Emily Hill – an independent arts collective which went on to develop Six Degrees – a network of independent artists and organisations working in the arts and creative industries.
ITI is a registered charity and an approved Institution of Public Character under Singapore’s laws governing the charity sector, and more than 60% of its income has to come from fundraising.
Partners and supporters of ITI are listed here. We would consider it a privilege and an honour if you would join us in supporting ITI in its seminal work.
Ways to Give
There are various ways to support and be associated with ITI in Singapore and around Asia in particular:
- Private or corporate philanthropy: outright donations of cash
- Individual giving: pledged monthly donations via GIRO & donations of Singapore Growth Dividends
- Event & marketing sponsorships
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) programmes
- Pro bono work which offers budget relief, e.g. legal, language translation, housing for international students and visiting faculty
- Volunteer to host an international student in your home for one to three years
- Living legacies, memorial gifts & bequests: make ITI a beneficiary of your wills, insurance, stocks and shares, artefacts, properties
You can choose to make a general donation to ITI, which will help cover annual operational costs or you can assign your donation to a specific fundraising programme:
- Möbius Fund – a student “revolving” loan fund
- National Flags Scholarships
- Open Cultures Open Futures Fund – a new endowment for ITI, which presents unique opportunities for bespoke philanthropy
We Appreciate Your Support
Come talk to us about your wishes and plans. You can remain anonymous or highlight the gift or activate a marketing sponsorship; give immediately or pledge an annual, multi-year gift or as part of your estate planning.
These are just some of the ways we can give recognition to your support:
- Naming opportunities to honour a person – buildings, scholarship awards, faculty chair, programmes
- 250% tax exemption for Singapore residents and registered companies
- Local and regional marketing, PR and corporate hospitality opportunities
- Complimentary venue bookings for corporate or private events at Emily Hill
- Employee engagement programmes
- Nominations for the annual Arts Supporter or Patron of the Arts Awards, hosted by the National Arts Council, Singapore
To find out more about how to support ITI or information for private wealth managers and trustees, please feel free to contact us for a conversation.
Director of Development
T +65 6338 5133
You can also make contributions directly to ITI via these online donation portals:
|For Singapore Residents|
|For International Donors