Lim Tzay Chuen designs and constructs ‘alterations’, ‘gaps’ or ‘delays’ that affect the status quo of our behaviours and perceptions; he produces interventions that are typically ‘discovered rather than ‘exhibited’. Lim’s works are the results of an intricate but collaborative venture with specific organisations. In the past, Lim sometimes described his work as trying to get institutions to ‘entertain the possible’; he now talks about offering ‘creative solutions’ to ‘possible problems’.
Presented by TheatreWorks and TTRP, Lim Tzay Chuen featured student-actors from the first cohort of TTRP.
Conceived and directed by Ong Keng Sen
- Jose Ku Ieng Un (Macau)
- Walter Leung Yuen Kwon (Hong Kong)
- Themis Lin Mei Yuin (Taiwan)
- Andy Ng Wai Shek (Hong Kong)
- Zelda Tatiana Ng (Singapore)
- Leanne Ong Teck Lian (Singapore)
- Peter Sau Jia Liang (Singapore)
- Sim Pern Yiau (Singapore)
- Yeo Yann Yann (Malaysia)
28 & 29 Nov, 1 & 2 Dec 2003, 8pm
29 & 30 Nov 2003, 3pm
The Black Box, Fort Canning Centre